Chitika

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Windows8 Consumer Preview on Vmware

First you have to download ISO image for Windows8 Consumer preview from Microsoft website. Microsoft will provide a serial key for this preview too.

1. Create a new VM from VMware console with following specifications. you can change as per your VM host server's configuration.


2. start your virtual machine and click next.


3. Click on install now.

4. Insert windows8 consumer preview serial key.

5. Accept the license terms.

6. Select custom install windows only.

7. Default hard-drive is already selected, click on next.

8. Installation is started. This will take some time to complete the installation.

9. Windows will reboot after installation.

You can change background color from here and set the PC-name. Click next
Click on use express settings if you do not want to customize.

10. You can use your windows live email to sign in to windows8 or you can use local account. You can setup Windows live email later too. Click on local account.
Set the user name and password.

Here is your windows8 Consumer preview first look. 

Click on the item you want to use.

Cheers:) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Anyways I
    am here now and would just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and
    a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.
    My page > reparation Microsoft exchange

    ReplyDelete